Tuesday 21 April 2009

Scotland

I don't think that there are words to describe how beautiful the Isle of Skye is and if there are, it's going to take someone far more clever than me to find them and string them together. It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen and it's the most beautiful place I think I ever will see. I think that maybe the Isle of Skye is where good people go when they die and it's certainly where good coos and sheep go when they die.

I don't know how to describe a place so beautiful that I almost cried when we were leaving it; so beautiful that I want to cry a bit now, while thinking about it. Scotland in general, is beautiful. And even now, when I'm completely sweaty, with furry teeth, a growling stomach and a minor headache after a nine-hour bus ride back to London, I don't regret a single second of it. In fact, if I didn't have exams to come back to, I'd probably stay in Edinburgh for another few days. I know that I'll be back someday, both to Edinburgh and to the Isle of Skye, because I think it would hurt too much to never be able to see it again.

I exhausted the life of two camera batteries, taking over 700 photos. And then I used up five disposable cameras. And still wished I could take more pictures.

I miss it already and although I know I have homework to finish, things to turn in for a portfolio tomorrow, I somehow don't want to return to Earth just yet. I want to dwell in beauty and in my memories just a little bit longer. I know I'll have to wake up soon, but not just yet.

1 comment:

  1. *sighs* Nothing quite like it, eh? It's like that place where heaven and earth meet and make ridiculously beautiful things happen, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete