Thursday 11 June 2009

The Last Day

I'm sitting at my computer, in my clean (for once!!!) room and as I write this I have to acknowledge that this has been the perfect last day.

I rediscovered my love of Harry Potter, rambled around the National Portrait Gallery and the National Gallery, ate at Costa for the last time and did my final stint of sit-in-the-bookstore-and-read-things-you-have-no-intention-of-buying, as well as a final walk down Oxford Street. Today was full of lasts, but it was a good day.

This is my tube stop and, as a commemorative of the last time I'll see it, I snapped a photo of it, although, come to think of it, it doesn't look particularly different from any other tube stop.

This is my last muffin from Costa. It was a blackcurrant and white chocolate muffin (my favourite) and it was delicious, despite the fact there was a strange little man who was intent on talking to me the entire time that I was eating it (it seems that taking a picture of your muffin before you eat it is not common practice in this country).

This is a photo of St. Pancras, which is right next to King's Cross. For the record, regardless of what your tour guide may tell you, it does not have a flying car on top of it. And people will look at you like you're an idiot if you ask about the Harry Potter flying car. I learned this the hard way.

Shots of the mosaics on the floor of the National Gallery. I managed to get quite a few of them before the guy told me that photo-taking isn't allowed, even if you're photographing the floor. Although honestly, I can't see how my taking photos of it will do any more harm than people walking on it.



The cieling of the National Gallery.


The mosaic in front of the National Portrait Gallery.




St. Martin's

The lions around Nelson's column at Trafalgar Square.



My dormitory. It's ugly, but it's home.


No comments:

Post a Comment