Thursday 15 July 2010

The Haunted House

The house on the corner is creepy.

The house on the corner is dark.

And it really just so happens

that the house is right next to the park.


So it truly wasn’t our fault

when the soccer flew right in there

and I couldn’t say no, I just couldn’t.

I never could turn down a dare.


The wind gently moans in the grasses.

And the sun has just set in the west.

I’m trying real hard not to shiver.

But it really is quite a hard test.


The spiders live on the ceiling.

And the cockroaches dwell in the floor.

Strange noises whisper around me

And there’s light coming through the hall door.


Slowly the old door creaks open

and I hear music playing inside.

I nervous go to look in there

and my eyes begin to grow wide.


I’ve stumbled onto a party

full of witches and goblins and ghosts.

I’ve arrived at just the right time, now

‘cause the vampire’s making a toast.


The witches salsa with the zombies.

The dwarves t meringue with the elves.

The fairies are doing the cha-cha.

The werewolves boogaloo by themselves.


I dance along as they samba

And the party keeps going all night.

Mambo and tango and waltzing

I go toe-to-toe with a sprite.


I don’t know what I was so scared of.

I entered here in such a fright.

I know the house truly is haunted

But I’ll be back next Saturday night!


No comments:

Post a Comment