Friday 3 September 2010

My Squirrel Friend

I started composing this one as I was falling asleep and to be honest, I'm still not completely awake, so you'll excuse how strange it is. I still think it's cute, though. Also, let me know if anyone can suggest better squirrel-language, because I'm not too fluent in squirrel.

Out in the field by the old oak tree

Where the green grass waves like the deep blue sea

With a pile of acorns as high as can be

My squirrel friend waits for me


When I wake up in the bright, bright day

I’ll run to the park so that we can play

And he will cock his little head and say,

“Chip-chip-squeaker-chooperay!”


I know that his words meant hello

And when the night came, where did you go?

In the darkness, I missed you so

But now you’re here and we can play!


And we will start with hide and seek

(I always find him by his squeak)

Into the darkened woods we’ll sneak

To where the old trees sway and creak


He’ll show the best places to run

And where to hide from the sunny sun

We’ll laugh and play till the day is done

I’ve never ever had such fun

As with my squirrel friend.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me think of Kronk in "The Emperor's New Groove." "Squeek-squeekity-squeekum. You have my acorn..."

    ReplyDelete