Sunday 1 February 2009

Nature Walk

I've finally figured out how to post photos on this thing, so here are my photos from my 'nature walk.' I'll be posting more photos (now that I know how), but I don't want to bore you guys.






I took this photo mostly because I was really amused that there's a Cantonese restaurant in such a tiny little Welsh town.








This is what my shoes and pants looked like after the nature walk.










In Wales, all signs are in both Welsh and English (all the children are taught Welsh in school, in order to preserve the language). I have no idea how to pronounce that, so don't ask me.

















These are mostly shots of the adorable little town that we walked through. It really is literally a few houses, two pubs and a grocery store. Unfortunately, a lot of little towns like this have been significantly reduced in size and prosperity since Margaret Thatcher shut down the coal industry in the late 1940's. Most of these towns were mining towns, and now, since they can't do that any more, they have to rely on things like textile production and tourism, and that's having a really negative impact on local economies.




























































Oooh, pretty landscape. Yes, I know I'm a nerd.
























































































































You can't really tell, but I almost fell over right before that picture was taken (there's a dip next to the path). This was the non-muddy part on the latter portion of our walk.





































This is a shot of everyone slipping and sliding, and trying not to fall on their asses. It was right around here that I almost fell, and had to brace myself up with my hands.















This is the lower portion of one of the small waterfalls we went to see.









































This is genuine Welsh mud. Nothing like the stupid mud we have at home.

















































Ooooh, more pretty landscape. Really, if you're driving through Wales, nearly all of it is really picturesque and looks a lot like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment