Monday 23 February 2009

Oxford Photos



Let's call this a beginning. I've taken loads more pictures, but well, I don't want anyone's computer to explode, so I'll post the ones of the cathedral and the dining hall and such later. Those are really cool, so I will eventually post them, and if I don't, remind me.


P.S. If you couldn't tell from these photos, I like trees.














This is the Eagle and Child, the pub where the Inklings used to hang out, including J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis. And in case you couldn't tell, that is an eagle carrying a baby in its talons.



In case you can't read what's inscribed underneath the clock, it says "Fortis est veritas" or "Strength is truth." I found that quite interesting.

















This bridge is supposed to be a replica of the Bridge of Sighs in Italy (a much smaller replica, of course).




No comments:

Post a Comment