Monday 9 February 2009

Water, water everywhere, and it all ends up in my shoes

It rained today. And I don't mean a light spring rain or a brief angry thunderstorm.

When I say it rained, I mean that all day long the heavens poured forth their emnity, in an attempt to drown the pitiful human beings below.

And luckily, I wore my walking shoes today, which I discovered are the most absorbent shoes I own. After drenching my feet in several puddles, I figured that my feet could not get any wetter. Following this brilliant logic, I chose to walk from the Marylebone Campus to get to the Regent Street one, you know, to save myself the cost of a tube ride.

How wrong I was.

It was only upon arriving at Regent Street, my (theoretically) waterproof coat dripping, my misshapen, oversized pink-raisin toes squelching in my spongy sneakers, that I truly knew the meaning of rain.

And of course, the only way you learn the true absorbency of your shoes is by stepping in yet another puddle beside a street curb. I'm sorry, did I say puddle? I meant pond.

I wish I hadn't lost my second umbrella, but I'm glad my water-proof mascara has lived up to its name.

Am now going to take a shower in the feeble attempt to warm up.

Good night all.

- Lena

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I haven't been commenting as much lately; midterms this week. I made a drawing you would like, I think. And yes. The UK is quite wet. Quite often.

    ReplyDelete